1. The homebuying process has continued smoothly thus far. Collin's gotten all of the necessary paperwork as well as our earnest money to the proper people. Our realtor is out of town until Wednesday due to a death in her family, so we haven't been able to go in the house to take pictures, but hopefully we can do that sometime late next week. The next step in the process is to get the inspection done; again, hopefully something we can take care of next week or the week after. So far we're on track for our closing date of November 20.
2. I have to admit I'm not thrilled about moving again (especially not at six months pregnant) but it will be worth it. At least we can move in slowly, over the course of a month or so, instead of trying to do it all in a weekend. I may start some initial packing this weekend.
3. We are thinking we might paint the kitchen before we move in but save the rest of the rooms for later (e.g., when we have more money for paint and painting supplies!). The kitchen will be easier to do before the appliances (which we still have to buy) are in, though. Right now it's two different shades of peach, but I'm thinking I might like a pale yellow, or perhaps a warm gold. I've already reserved several books on interior painting at the library.
4. Collin flew to North Dakota yesterday for some male bonding time with his dad and brother. It's 30 degrees and snowing there. Ha, ha, ha. :) It's supposed to hit 100 degrees here this weekend! He'll be back Sunday evening and I bet he'll appreciate the warm weather more than ever.
5. Our trip to the Grand Canyon last week was a lot of fun. The Canyon is incredible -- pictures just don't do it justice. Here's one I took:
6. We also enjoyed the Flintstone Village in Valle, AZ. Here we are in the Bedrock Jail:
7. The baby's been kicking more and more lately. I love this stage of pregnancy -- the kicks are lovely flutters and not painful jabs, I don't feel terribly enormous, and except for being tired I'm pretty asymptomatic. Still, I'm eager for him/her to arrive.