Thursday, November 26, 2009
It's been an eventful week. Both of the kids were sick on Sunday night/Monday morning, and on Monday night I woke up with what felt like contractions and went to the ER. The diagnosis was that I either caught what the kids had and/or a bladder infection (my urine test showed there might be one). Luckily, there was no dilation of the cervix or anything like that.
We had originally planned to go to my brother-in-law's and sister-in-law's place for Thanksgiving, but both Collin and I had flu-like symptoms last night (him moreso than me) so now we're not sure. We both feeling better today, but we also don't want to infect anyone else. So, we're still debating. If we end up not going we'll just have a nice little low-key Thanksgiving here. No turkey or mashed potatoes, but I can make some Butternut Squash Soup. I'll also make the Pumpkin Bread Pudding I'd planned to bring originally. We'll see what happens.
We have a lot to be thankful for -- three wonderful children, a new house (which we still haven't closed on, but hopefully will soon), terrific family and friends. Thank you God!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Thanks, as always, to Jen.
Sorry no quick takes last week -- too busy!
1. We close on our house on Monday! Collin is signing the papers that morning. We don't actually get the keys until Tuesday, though -- our realtor has to wait until the paperwork is approved by the county first, which probably won't happen until late Monday afternoon. Collin doesn't work on Tuesday so he'll get the keys from her then.
2. I'm going to spend the weekend packing boxes, I think. Our lease isn't up until December 31 so we have plenty of time to move in slowly, but I want to try get as much out as possible in the next few weeks to make cleaning our current house easier.
3. For the next few weeks, Collin is going to be working outside the home! He's participating in a program that involves working in an Apple store at a local mall so he can get more "hands-on" experience with both products and customers. He's looking forward to the change. The mall where he's working isn't too far from where I work, so we might be even be able to carpool a few days a week to save on gas.
4. Not much to report in baby news. S/he is still kicking away, and I'm getting bigger by the day. My next appointment is December 11, and then I start going every two weeks (holy cow!). I've had some unsettling nightmares the last few weeks (one about robbers and one about zombies), which is a symptom I had with Elanor but not with William. Maybe that means it's a girl? It's odd how I had such strong girl vibes at first, and now I'm having strong boy vibes.
5. I picked up a Boppy pillow at our church rummage sale last weekend for $2.00! I figured it'd be useful to have an extra one. Since our new house has two stories, I can keep one upstairs and one downstairs.
6. At my last appointment, I asked to be tested for anemia to see if there was a physical reason for the fatigue I've been having lately. They decided to test my thyroid as well. The results: normal for both. I guess I just need to start going to bed earlier! (Easier said than done...)
7. A belated thank you to all of our military service members, past and present! In the spirit of Veteran's Day, here is an article about my cousin Adam, and here is an article about my uncle Joe. Both are in the North Dakota Army National Guard and I am so proud of them!