1. I'm so excited for this weekend! Collin is between university classes and has Monday off. That means we will have two whole days (Sunday and Monday) to spend together, and he won't have schoolwork to do! Tomorrow morning I'm taking the kids to the Surprise Memorial Day parade; otherwise, we're going to stay at home and have a nice little "staycation" this weekend.
2. I'm listening to the audiobook of Before Green Gables, and while it's well written and interesting, it's also rather depressing. I expected that given the subject matter (Anne Shirley's life prior to Green Gables), but it's hard to listen to given how sad it is. I don't want to stop, though, since it is a good book. It does remind me that I want to get the new book The Blythes Are Quoted, probably on Kindle.
3. I finally got Violet's 1-year pictures back. Here are a few of my favorites (all photos were taken by Our365 Photography):
4. I'm 11 weeks today, and it still baffles me that people (e.g., pro-choice people) can say that the little child growing inside me is nothing but a "ball of cells." (Yes, I actually read a comment thread today in which a pro-choicer called an 11-week fetus a "ball of cells.")
6. I'm loving our new daycare. William has used the potty every day he's been there, and he's starting to do the same at home, too! At this rate, he'll be fully potty-trained by the end of summer. Woohoo!